Thursday, December 08, 2005

Alone

II

Mood:Lonesome
Colour: Blue
Song: With or Without You (U2)
Have you ever had that hollow, empty feeling that you are so abso-fuckin-lutely alone in this whole wide world? When you have so wanted to talk to someone…. anyone, but there was no one out there. When you have done the rounds of all the chat engines and drawn one blank after another. When you been scouring desperately to pour your heart out to someone who would understand and all you came up with was just another blank wall or closed door. When all you wanted was a kind shoulder and what you get is plastic smiles on plastic faces and a “life-is-like-that-only” piece of enlightened advice. When you have soulfully peered into every eye for even the faintest glint of compassion and encountered a chilly selfishness instead. When you have tirelessly punched out the numbers again and again and heard the same unending ring again and again. And finally, as you foolishly start thinking the ordeal is over with, all you get to hear is, “Sorry sweets, I was kinda busy! Hope you are doing well.” Well? I feel I am staring down a bottomless well, an endless void. Sometimes a.k.a. My Life!
I am screaming to be heard. I am begging to be understood. I am wanting to be together. Ever dropped a pebble in a really deep well? It just swallows up anything you proffer, in its dark throes. The murky darkness lets nothing out. Not even sound. Not even me.
I am falling. Falling in the well. I am shouting. But to no avail. Soon it will swallow me up. The murky darkness will be my end. An apt lonesome ending to an equally lonesome journey. I don’t care. I have seen it coming. But I care for someone. The one I who wouldn’t be mine. The one I am longing for. The one….
Mood: Depressed
Colour: Still blue
Song: With or Without You (U2)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dea said...

Ah...a kindred spirit, finally...glad to read this (purely selfish reasons, of course...). A bit of advice: let yourself be swallowed by the darkness; it's much better in there than it looks like from the outside (speaking from experience)...

January 12, 2006 2:46 AM  
Blogger Balaji Ravi said...

Until today I could not even bear to go through the whole of this post, just too restless (don’t know if you've had the same feeling too) to read all the way to the end. But after I finished it today, I couldn’t believe that somebody so close to me has been going through the same things that I have. It was actually funny to see the torture that I have undergone these last three weeks so beautifully, if I may use that word, so precisely etched out.
It is frightening to know that your happiness is no longer something that you control. To struggle to OWN your life again, not to let that one thing overshadow everything else is a bigger challenge than anything I’ve ever known.

January 26, 2006 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home