Saturday, January 13, 2007

Reality Bites. Real Hard.


XI


Mood: Devastated
Colour: Gray
Song: No Woman, No Cry (Bob Marley)




I knew it was the truth.

The undeniable truth.

In fact, it was the reality.
The kind that makes sure that you know when it passes you by.

The tipping point of the scale.
The scale between us and them.
The winners and the also-rans
The haves and the have-nots.
The patricians and the plebeians.

I had known it all along.
I knew it was what made the difference.
It was the great divide.

Yet, it I had never really felt it, or been touched by it.
I had very conveniently pushed it to the back of my mind and daftly hoped that it didn’t matter.
Just because she had never specifically mentioned it.
And so I presumed it did not matter.

But it did matter.
I had known that too.
And that had been pushed into the darkness somewhere with equal convenience.
Ironic that the most trivial of incidences got it out into the open.

It cut like a knife.
Hurt with the force of a million shrapnels tearing through your soul.
And it kept haunting me like a searchlight probing my dilated eyes, as if it was searching for the reason why I chose to ignore it so long.

I had been an idiot.
I was paying for it.
Tearfully, tragically.
Every moment of my waking hour.




Mood: Numb
Colour: Ashen
Song: Cuts Like A Knife (Bryan Adams)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home